The parts machined yesterday with part of the side aprons.
Dry fit mockup to check dimensions
I want a 16 in finished height, it will be once dovetailed into the sides.
I then got carried away, and sat on it and try different thickness wood on top pretending I'm sawing.
It's stable...yes...but I'm sure it will be even more once assembled :-)
This dry fit also revealed that the top got a slight twist again, I can see and feel a small rocking action. No sweat, I only have to worry about the junction of the two piece being mating flat, the remainder underbelly can assume whatever shape it want, for now. I will need also, a good straight edge on each long underside to glue the top of the side aprons. One or two swipes of a plane will address all that. It is not that I don't seek perfection, I just choose my battles wisely. A long military career has reinforced that into me. Like we used to say: There is no second place in war.
Bob, the bench builder