Monday, January 10, 2022

Some cleats are up, a few more holders completed

 Been working on it, tweaking, choosing and cutting back boards, gluing, screwing etc. getting there.

Today we started home schooling with the grandkids, so I had to make some room downstairs.  They cannot sit beside each others doing two different classes, hence why I must vacate some of my sprawl downstairs.

Finally got my cleats up on the hobby bench area, then finished a bunch of holders and try them on.

The area in question.

Tried the first holders I finished.
3 cleats plus a top square piece

You can see this one has a bit short back board.
it was designed to be screwed on the wall.
Still plenty solid.

With my two inch spacings of 2 inch cleats, I made my board 
to span one or two cleats for support.

Then I tried various holders.
Tried various spacings from too wide to too tight.
But depending on tools put in, works about right.
The cabinet maker screwdriver one is a dedicated one.
The others are more general. 

I like it, works as I intended.  Now, I will probably make a few more holders of all sort and put more French cleats around.


But first must finished the ones in progress.

Then there is my workbench area that need clearing out so I can access the wall and I need to find my stud finder.

The cleats have been acclimating downstairs
for a while, they are ready to go up.


Meanwhile, I picked my stuff and tidy up the corner for home schooling 

Last nite had a bunch of parts glued and pined

Compressor, hose, nail guns, table covered in auger bits.

There you go, all cleared :-)



If you read this far, sent wine...


Whish us luck :-)

Bob, making visible progress, we can walk around the furniture downstairs :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment