Sunday, March 13, 2022

And from chaos the shops rise again

Been spending lots of time organizing and building custom solutions.  I got so much self involved, everything else falls off my radar.  Oups, missed a few Zoom committee meetings.  Sorry.

With the platform and grid in use inside the garage, I was able to quickly organize most of the garage content. 

Moving the two AC units off the floor was a big plus.  
I now got access all around the Unisaw.
And it needs some works in  preparation for being powered up soon... this year

Would be a lot easier to remove and store back 
the AC units, and not in the way.

Before they finished demolishing themselves, I should removed the two extension wings and make better solid ones Would also greatly facilitate storing both side by side 😁

My solution for the railings, turned into garbage and recycling corner.  Posts are very secured not going anywhere.  Will add another board lower



Power Tools Shop getting ship shape

After a quick clean and purge was happy with progress.  Next is purging wood stashes everywhere, garage and hand tool shop.


Need more sorting, purging

That occupied most of my day 😁

 



From big pieces to small ones, they all got a look and sort/purge

Wood hoarding inside the shop was really taking lots of spaces. 

I like the way it fit but more importantly I can see it.

That big Rubbermaid container contains my carving blanks 
and some pieces in progress

Next would be to figured out axes storage

The current catch all corner...

Still lots of work to do, but space is getting functional again.

That corner will have some electrical work.  
Add outlets and install transfer switch for generator, 
run 220V to garage

I  can see room for a shaving horse, a chopping block 
and a Moravian bench.

We raise again...

Bob, lost in his head space, so much room 😁😂



4 comments:

  1. Nicely done, Bob. Didn't realize you were a carver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt
    Been carving since 1998

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Organized? I am vaguely familiar with that term. Isn't that where you keep moving things from one pile to another trying to make sense of all the things and hopefully be able to find one thing in particular every so often?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes for woodness sake, thats pretty well described the process 😁
    Bob

    ReplyDelete